Address: 140 SW Yamhill Street, Portland, OR 97204
The IT-PE-100 Wind Turbine
Starting in 1998, our partner Soluciones Prácticas-ITDG began testing wind turbines for wind regimes in Peru. They eventually designed and tested the IT-PE-100, a small 100 Watt turbine. Made from locally sourced materials, the turbines and replacement parts are accessible and cheap.
In Peru, wind turbines displace an average of six dollars (18 Soles) a month for expenses from kerosene fuel and candles. Our clean energy solutions cost half as much, including costs for replacement parts and a salary for the local technician.
Who We Are
Why Green Empowerment?
- Mastery of renewable energy technologies: solar, micro-hydro, water pumping, wind, and biogas
- Experience in small-scale off-grid electrification of schools, community centers, and clinics
- Award-winning experience with village-scale solar water pumping projects
- Over a decade of experience working with local entities, non-profit and for-profit, with a collaborative approach that exceeds goals
- Experts in community-based projects including social organizing, capacity building, micro-enterprising, training and consulting
- Multi-lingual: English, French, and Spanish
- Network of direct and indirect sustainable development contacts throughout the world
We Empower Impoverished Communities
- Clean water for household use and agriculture
- Lighting and power for schools, health clinics, and community centers
- Energy to run small businesses or for community uses like agricultural processing, radio communication, and refrigeration of medicines and medical supplies
- Electricity for homes
- Environmental conservation and protection, watershed restoration, and community self-sufficiency