- Comet Me
- Craftskills East Africa
- Engineers Without Borders
- Green Empowerment
- Green Step
- i-love-windpower Mali
- i-love-windpower Tanzania
- Instituto Denuar
- Kartong project
- Nea Guinea collective
- RURERG NTUA
- Scoraig Wind Electric
- The AT Center Korea
- The Clean Energy Company
- Volunteer WindAid
- WindGEn Power
Recent Forum Posts
Category Archives: Nea Guinea collectiveNea Guinea collective
The “Nea Guinea” collective is a project that began in September of 2009, placing as a central objective the self-management of some of our basic everyday needs such as food, energy, health and clothing. Through theoretical and practical workshops we try to gather and to evolve the necessary knowledge and craftsmanship, in order to get involved actively in the production process and to conquer higher levels of self-sufficiency and autonomy in our daily lives.
At the same time, we search for and we try to shape, new, economically sustainable and socially just processes that enable us to break free from the exploitation of paid labour and in this manner to redefine our everyday lives in parallel, but also in antagonism to the dominant economic system. By interacting with similar projects, we aim in the creation of cooperative structures and solidarity networks that will support the transition to a more just, ecological and sustainable society.
The project, focuses in both the development and transfer of technical know-how, and in the production of goods. The manner with which the public workshops are organised, gives an opportunity to the participants to familiarise themselves with the idea of self-management, developing at the same time appropriate skills in order to produce their own goods or to manufacture objects that they need.
Moreover, goods are produced in the workshops in order to satisfy the basic needs of the people that work for the collective and at the same time these goods are sold in eco-festivals and in networks of producers/consumers in order to contribute financially to the economic viability of project.
“Nea Guinea” is a distant destination, a point in the future. A place where respect and solidarity define the development of everyday relations and a place where human activity is determined by natural balances and by the limits of surrounding ecosystems. To reach this destination, we begin from where we stand right now, and we walk in the path that we create while walking. Through our daily practices, we try to ground this utopia, here and now.
The workshops that are currently in progress are:
1. Workshops for the self-management of Food: a) urban organic cultivation of vegetable and herbs, b) home brewing of beer, c) vegan kitchen, d) cultivation and recognition of wild mushrooms.
2. Workshops for the self-management of Health: a) theoretical and practical lessons on herbal medicine, b) therapeutic massage, c) reflexology, d) hatha yoga, e) body control (based on Pilates), f) areal acrobatics, g) aromatherapy, h) soap making, i) Chinese medicine.
3. Workshops for the self-management of Energy: a) design and construction of small wind turbines, b) design and construction of small hydro turbines, c) construction of photovoltaic panels, d) design and installation of small scale hybrid systems, e) construction of solar ovens.
4. Workshops for the self-management of Clothing: a) sawing, b) knitting.
5. Workshops for the self-management of Shelter: a) natural building (cob, strawbale), b) bioclimatic architecture.
You can see pictures from the workshops, the seminars and other activities organized by the Nea Guinea collective in the Photo gallery.
Nea Guinea collective
11632, Ag. Artemios – Pagkrati
Metro station: Ag.Ioannis
- ‘Nea Guinea’ collective (Greece): A summary of activities in 2013
- 1200mm diameter 12VDC small wind turbine construction course in Athens
- 2 weeks at the NTUA with Kostas Latoufis & co.
- 2nd WindEmpowerment Conference
- 500RPM: Summary of our activities in Argentina in 2013
- 5th World Summit for Small Wind 2014 (WSSW)
- big changes to this website
- Blade construction workshop in Athens starting on the 14th of November in NTUA
- Building a list of member organisations
- COMET-ME’s Wind & Solar Systems To Be Demolished!
- compte rendu de la construction d’éolienne au tchad
- Designing a Measuring Campaign for Axial Flux Permanent Magnet Generators of Small-Scale Wind Turbines
- Document sharing
- EFFECTIVE DEPLOYMENT OF DISTRIBUTED SMALL WIND POWER SYSTEMS IN ASIAN RURAL AREAS – TI-08 Recruitment of Renewable Energy Operational Specialist
- En busca de experiencia/Experience wanted
- Engineers Without Borders UK Launches Wind Power Community of Practice
- EWB Warwick and I Love Windpower Tanzania install turbine in Kemgesi, Tanzania
- EWEA launches Global Wind Day 2013 Photo Competition: “Discover the Stories behind Wind Energy”
- Executive board formed
- Facebook page
- First WindEmpowerment Webinar
- Fortalecimiento de organizaciones activas en el sector de la energía eólica en pequeña escala en Latinoamérica
- Handling documents
- Have your say about the fees for membership of WindEmpowerment
- How to’s for the website
- Hugh @ EWB Northeast & Scotland Conference
- Hugh Piggott 2.4m turbine installed at Schoondijke test field
- II Simposio internacional de energía eólica en pequeña escala
- Increased site traffic
- International Symposium on MATERIALS FOR WIND ENERGY APPLICATIONS
- Introduce yourself
- Is small wind an appropriate technology for Nicaragua? ¿Es la pequeña eólica una tecnología apropiada para Nicaragua?
- James Low presentation at Sheffield
- Job posting – Market analysis of wind in Nicaragua
- John David Simnett Publishes 150W Turbine Plans / John David Simnett Publica Planes Para Turbina de 150W
- Knowledge Sharing Event 21.11.2012 – Lightning Protection of Wind Turbines
- Lightning protection Webinar posted under Documents
- Locally manufactured open source hardware small wind turbines for sustainable rural electrification presented at the 3rd World Summit for Small Wind, 15-16 March 2012, Husum, Germany
- More details of organisations
- New report: Optimizing processes for a Tanzanian NGO and company – Performance and maintenance of the Piggott turbine
- News 15 december 2011 – Internship on Operation and Maintenance
- News 7 december 2011 – First training outside Tanzania
- News Update: I Love WindPower – Mali 2012
- One week courses in small wind turbine construction around the world
- Open committee meeting – Thursday 20th March
- Open Source Windkraftanlagen – Selbstbau durch Schwarmintelligenz
- Prototype Wooden Tower installed – Holland
- R&D corner updated: Call for submittal and reflection of technical proposals
- Report on the 2011 survey / questionnaire / encuesta
- Rio+20 (Webinar and small movie)
- RIWIK Newsletter December
- Rurerg NTUA (Greece): A summary of activities in 2013
- Save the date! 2nd WindEmpowerment Conference, in Athens
- Seminario web con Mathias Craig el 16 de octubre
- Simposio Internacional en Lima, Diciembre de 2011
- Small Wind Power for Off-Grid Electrification – Conference in Korea
- Soluciones Prácticas convoca primer Simposio Internacional de Energía Eólica
- Successful workshop given in Brasil, Fazenda Mandacaru Montes Claros.
- Survey on the construction and operation of locally manufactured small wind turbines
- Test result 3.6 m turbine from the Malbouissou test field
- The London to Uganda Wind Turbine Project
- The University of Scoraig
- Tripalium newsflash: goodbye 2013, hello 2014
- UK job opportunity with Ampair
- UNDP seeking wind turbine testing consultant in North Korea
- Update from V3 Power: A Summary of 2013
- Updated list of Member Organisations
- USAID Vocational Training and Education for Clean Energy
- Vacancy at I Love Windpower
- Wind Empowerment – Electronics Survey
- Wind Empowerment Demonstrates Small Wind Technology at UN conference on Rural Energy Access
- Wind Turbine Construction Course in Ethiopia
- Windaid volunteer program update
- WindAid volunteers wanted
- WindEmpowerment at RIO +20
- WindEmpowerment Meeting through GoToMeeting